Saturday, June 16, 2007

Went over to Cy's to play some poker last night.  A bunch of the usual suspects were there...John John and bro, Dikeberg, Cy, TY..anyway, I finished tied for 3rd among 12.  I definately could have done better given the nice flops I saw.  I sort of went in with the plan of seeing as many flops as possible and going from there.  I hit some very nice cards and built an early lead, but in the end, kind of squandered what I had and went out in a bad play to tie for 3rd.  I am quite sure a better player would have probably won with the same cards I saw, but oh well.  It was a good time all in all.

4 comments:

phil said...

how do you tie for third? surely one of you had to go out before the other one did?

anyway, congrats. that's a tough group to finish in the money. although with me and seth g gone that opens up a lot of room... ha!

hi to the fam from p and p.

Mark said...

hey Phil,
We both went all in on the last hand and went out.

SethG said...

Typically, in tournaments I've seen, whoever had more chips at the start of the hand would take the higher placing. It's still possible to tie if you were even when the hand started...

Also, I like the name of your blog (No Gnus is good Gnus, said Gary Gnu) I have to tell you that I just got back from the Serengeti and gnus are dumber than shit.

August 6,
sg

Mark said...

True, and I had the most chips. However, I did not want to be a dick about it, so I split third place.