Monday, April 10, 2006

Regional finals

No question the most fun and memorable game ever for me. I know it wasn't the biggest game I will ever play, but nothing really compared. We started off fast. I can't remember the scores, but I remember getting a ho block from behind on Howard and him calling foul. Crowd booing, me wanting to throttle him, then a funny thing happened. Steve said "Mark, calm down, he is thinking about it." Howard overturned his call. We had the disc on their 20 or so. Two points later, I foot blocked Howard. Our team was rolling. We had the "Love Connection" of dan ruen and Russ adams and whoever else they could recruit cheering loudly with arms around each other. We could not be stopped. Dave Boardman was their only highlight catching a few in the endzone. The game was a huge party for all of the minneapolis players and sidelines. 15-7 I am pretty sure was the score. Regional champs. That team I had watched a couple of years earlier fell to a much better team....us. The beginning of a long standing winning tradition for Minneapolis Sub-Zero. We all hung around the field watching the backdoor game and getting soused. luck had it that I did not have to drive home.

No comments: