Thursday, April 13, 2006

Winter 98-99

Lots of speculation on players over the winter. The biggest, of couse, was the rumour that Dave Boardman was heading back to town. We had seen what the best had to offer and were bringing back our whole nucleus of players plus possibly adding some new players. Andre Strausmanus, Dave B. and a controversial (in my opinion) Joe sezario. (I know I spelled it wrong). It wasn't that Joe isn't a good player, I just did not like him....not even a little. He and I were paired as defensive throwers,so I just thought of him as I did my old high school doubles partner who I also did not like. We play together, we don't need to like each other.
That whole year was a bit fuzzy.
I remember winning at cooler....I think that was the year we almost lost to BAT, but they gaffed the winning goal.
We had a close one in the finals and lost to furious by one. First time experiencing playing against crook and Mike Grant and really noticing who they were. I didn't really notice them the year before.

No comments: